Another Good-Bye To A School Year



Another 10 months have gone by and another school year has come to an end! I had a class that was very lovey and challenging all at the same time! But, as always with every new group, I learned so much about myself as an educator,  how students are changing, and what changes in teaching strategies are necessary to adapt to the differing needs of my students. 

The end of this year is particularly different for two reasons. The first one being that I am going to be off for a year maternity leave. Right now it is hard to fathom because it feels like just a regular weekend or summer vacation. In September when everyone else starts the school year, I will be adjusting to new challenges of being a mother.

 The second reason this year end is different is the fact that I had to say good-bye to a very special mentor and principal. We have worked together for 8 years! I was a fresh new teacher who had only worked in two other assignments at two different schools when we began working together, and she was a fresh new principal. So, we were learning together and she was such an amazing support! I shed tears when I was writing her a farewell and appreciation letter, and she teared up reading the letter. However, when we said good-bye yesterday we were both strong and didn't shed a tear. I received two very special gifts from my principal including her Believe Word decoration and a believe word book! These are to remind me to believe in myself, my students, colleagues, and in life that our wishes will come true! I took it home to keep on my mantle, but hope to have a very special place for it in my classroom when I return to work! It was a very kind keepsake to receive, as it will remind me of our work together and the lessons that I learned.

The summer is here and I have no idea what I will get up to today or the next few days! But, the temperature is rising, so I know that I am going to have to keep cool and drink lots of water!



Comments