A Memorial Tribute to My Nana


I wanted to post this, but needed to find the right picture to post here! Last weekend was my Nana's memorial service. My Nana was my honourary Grandma. She become one of my Adoptive grandparents from birth onwards, and was very lucky to have her in my life. She passed away March 24th, and her celebration of life made me reflect on what a very special person she was. She was the type of person who made everyone feel special. She was also a person who had experienced lots of hardship in her life with the loss of her only son as a teenager, the loss of her husband, and while coping with a sever arthritis. But, she never allowed these situations interfere with her outlook and attitude towards life. She lived everyday with a positive attitude and used music to support her. I wanted a place to keep and share this special picture of me and her to remind myself of the important of living each day to the fullest no matter what your situation is for the day. On days when I realize that I am not doing this...than I am going to come back to this post and remind myself that it is important to enjoy life no matter what your current circumstances may be!

Dignity Memorial - Katherine Elizabeth Ward Obituary: View Obituary for Katherine Elizabeth Ward by Forest Lawn Funeral Home, Burnaby, BC

Comments

sophiesmama said…
What a beautiful tribute to your Nana! I'm sure she's smiling down on you!
Hugs,
Mary
FireFlyer1984 said…
Thanks for the kind thoughts about Nana. She was a very special person in our life.

Dad