Card Class Prep




I continue to enjoy my crafty time here in my scrap studio! I have so many wonderful things to play with, and the creativity allows me to take my mind to another place and I become so mellow as a result. However, tonights activities were a little bit different. My friend Tara asked if I would come to the group of woman that she works with and do a cardmaking class. This was the same group of woman that I did a Christmas Card class in mid December. They had such a fun time that they asked me to return for a Kid Theme birthday cards. I knew I wanted to use bright and exciting colours. So, I immediately began looking through the papers that I have set aside for children's cards, and as well papers that are very bright and cheerful. I started with the cupcake design yesterday. Cupcakes always work so well for children's cards. I also used my Happy Birthday Cuttlebug embossing folder. I have used that one for quite awhile so it was great to have a chance to pull it out.

The next card was a boys theme card. I wanted to create a dinosaur card. The create a critter cartridge is perfect for children's card. Once again I used my Happy Birthday Cuttlebug embossing folder. Then finally I was having difficulty coming up with a third concept for a card. So, I texted my friend Tara and she suggested a beach theme card. So, that is how I came up with the third design. I used my darling Greeting Farm Stamp, and bright oranges for the design. The final picture shows the process I go through to create the kits. The steps to creating these kits are:
1.) Develop a Design
2.) Create the sample.
3.) Assembly Line the Pieces.
4.) Make sure each ziploc bag has all the pieces for each card.
5.) Package them all up in baggies,
6.) Keep in a tupperware container until class night.
7.) Use a post it note to keep track of any last minute supplies that may be needed for the nite of the class.

Lots of fun! I made 8 kits for each design.
I just hope the woman attending the class enjoy making the cards just as much as I enjoyed designing them!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Crafting!

Comments