Colouring with Water Colour Pencils



I have been having fun playing with my water colour pencils. I have two different sets of them. I chose to go this way instead of buying those WAY expensive Copic Markers. If I get better at colouring maybe one day I will go the copic route. But, for now I am very happy with the results. The key to the using water colour pencils effectively has to be with the water barrel brushes. These brushes you fill with water and then spread the water colour pencils around. It definitely is the way to go! You don't necessarily have to use water colour paper to color your images, as all of the images above are just regular heavy weight cardstock. However, when the water colour paper is used, the effect is so much more blended. Great when more colours are involved with your image.

Comments

Cindye Wile said…
great job with the water color pencils ... I love them. I used mine a lot for my christmas cards ... need to start using them again. :)