Master's Program Startup

Well, my month off from school has gone by very very fast. I can't believe that it is already time to go back. My first class is this Thursday. The course is called Cognitive Tools. I already have a reading assignment due on Thursday and the class hasn't even started.

I will complete the reading assignment tomorrow though. Having a look at the course outline, it looks like I have my work cut out for me this semester. Lots of small assignments. However, once school is out. It will be much easier to get those done and out of the way, and then I will have the rest of the day to enjoy my summer holiday.

Things are hopping at work. I introduced my project the Explorer's Website today. The students seem to be very excited about the work they will be doing for this project. I have put them into the role of Documentaries. It should make for a very fun project. They were laughing at how silly the word sounds. But, the project will be a success. Here is a link if you are interested in checking it out.

The students will finish up there first assignment and will be ready for the first slide on Thurday. They already have the skeleton or shell completed of the project, so all they have over the course of the remaining weeks is adding the information that they have learned. May Day is in full boar. Next week will be our first rehearsal at the park. The following week will be the actual event. So, it will be qutie the busy Month.

Special Activities that I am looking forward to include:

- Mother's Day
- Andrei's Birthday
- My Birthday
- Scrapbook Class

Well, I hope all is well with my fellow reader's!

Take Care of to watch the Hills.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Rachel,
I clicked on your link to your Explorer Unit...Wow! It is wonderful! Your students will love it and learn so much from it. Excellent job! I'd love to hear how it all works out.

Take care,
Karen