Broken Elbow and First Canucks Game.

Well, things have been hoppin here in my neck of the woods. It all started with a phonecall a week ago Thursday, when I found out that my Mom broke her elbow in Arizona with a bike whipeout. It got messy when the darn insurance company wouldn't pay for the surgery, as the visit to the orthopedic surgeon revealed that the bone was no longer attached to the muscle. So that was quite scary. However, Mom was booked on a flight on the Wednesday this past week, but wouldn't you know it the flight was cancelled. So, one more day we waited unitl Mom was home. We were concerned about her arrival home because the Orthopedic doctor had told us that time was of the essence, so there was no permanent damage.

She arrived here in Vancouver safely at 11:30pm Thursday night, and a trip straight to the emergency was followed. Julie was great, as she was able to get the day off to help Mom out with driving to and from the Airport, hospital etc. Saturday morning Mom received her phonecall to say that there was a surgery space open for operation. Andrei and I drove Mom right away to her appointment. We were all relieved that she got in so quickly, thank goodness for Canadian healthcare. She made it through surgery, and now she has been resting at home. She is a strong lady with a strong pain tolerance.

This has been quite the whole ordeal. I am so thankful that I have a great little sister who was able to pull up the slack. She has been great with making arrangements and taking care of Mom and keeping the family informed. It is a hard thing to do. It has been hard for me to keep track whether I am coming or going with coursework, work responsibilities, and life stuff in general. But, I am looking forward to a new week, as I am sure it can only get better from here. I have lots of homework to get caught up on, as I did none of this weekend, while waiting for Mom's surgery, and trying to get my computer reconnected to the internet so I could get going on my coursework.

But, I did have a good time on Friday Night. Andrei and I went to our firts Hockey Game together. I had never been to a single hockey game, but Andrei has a few times. It was a Christmas present that I gave him. It was a lot of fun to watch and cheer the team on. Unfortunately, they lost. But, here are a few photos from the night.




Comments