Decluttered Scraproom





Well, what else is there to do on a rainy day long weekend, but to reorganize a scrapping space. Lately, I have been finding that my room has had a really cluttered feel. So I wanted to eliminate this. Part of it had to with the arrival of my Cricut at Christmas time. (I love this Bug like crazy.) But, it really made my space look less streamlined. So, last weekend I took a trip to Ikea to see what they had for organization methods. I discovered some cool items, and I ended up measuring them, and then going home and taking measurements.

So Friday, I stopped off at Ikea on my way home from work, and bought two new units. One called the Goliat and the other called a Helmer. They were purchased in white, so that they match my exisiting furniture. Andrei and I put them together on Friday night. Saturday, I sorted through all my supplies and now I have what appears a larger workspace to complete projects. (I worked on this room from 1:00 in the afternoon to 6:30, and I didn' have very many breaks. I love that my computer printer is higher up, and when I am scrapping I can rest my keyboard in front of my printer to give me more space. It was a big project, but I am pleased with the results.

There are a few more things that I need to do, in order to bring the whole thing together. My theme is to match the pink dust cover I made for my Cricut. I want to buy the Pink Magazine Boxes from Ikea my items on my shelf, and I want to paint my plastic units that sit on my shelf pink. I am hoping that this will bring the entire look together. There is apparently a spray paint on the market that can be used to spray paint plastic, I checked into it, and it is available at Micheals. So, I am off to get organized, as my next project today will be tearing out the livingroom, diningroom, hallway, and den carpets to get ready for new flooring!

For now though, here are some sneek peeks.

Comments