Have a Safe Journey Mom and Dad!

Well, this weekend has been quite the busy one! Friday was a professional development day, so it feels like I had a bit of a long weekend. Since I had a break from the students. Friday night I went downtown to Richards on Richards to go see the band Five Alarm Funk. Now that was a great band, but the venue was horrible! It was jam packed on the dance floor, and the view upstairs was awesome, but it was so hot up there that I couldn't stay up there. I enjoyed the band, but we wanted to get out and do some dancing, so we ended up at the Plaza Club. We danced the night away. I didn't get home until 3:00a.m. (I haven't done that in a long time.

Saturday, I spent the whole morning and afternoon with Mom and Dad. We all went out for breakfast. We haven't done this in a long time, and we had a fun time reminising about different family fun we have had. (This has been happening a lot since, we have all been watching our family home videos that Dad just had transferred to DVD. Mom helped me make an apple pie, so I had a yummy dessert to take to my friend Frances's house for dinner, for our monthly movie night. Uncle Dinno stopped by for a visit. It was great to see him. We will be heading over to his house for Halloween. Should be a fun time! Have a Safe Trip Mom and Dad! See you for Christmas!

The movie we watched last night was called Cinema Paradise. It was an Italian film with subtitles. But, the funny thing about it was that they had also dubbed the voices in English, and there were English subtitles, so it was funny to be watching. A few of the characters had Brooklyn accents. Didn't really go with the characters. But, I enjoyed the movie and would recommend it to others.

Sunday I slept in! Lovely! I met Julie for lunch and we did our grocery shopping together. Julie can come with me any time as she pushed the shopping cart for me!!

The student teachers are back with me for the next three weeks. I am learning lots as a result of having them in my class. It is a great tradeoff!

Have a Great Week!

Comments