Happy Father's Day!


Well, today is the day we celebrate the importance of our father. My dad is very special to me, as he has always put his family first. He was the provider for the family, and would work very hard so that we would have all the great things like the house with our great backyard to play in, the motorhome for all our great camping trips, and the boat for all are fun times at the lake are just a few of the major things that we have. He would race home from work, so that he could coach our softball teams. He would come to my brownie meetings to teach us about fire safety. He always volunteered at school whether it was coaching or helping out on sports days. Once summer he drove home to work four shifts for an extension so that we would have a longer summer vacation at the lake.

My Dad does a lot of great things for me. There is his expertise in fixing things like cars, house stuff, and computer problems that I come to rely on so much, and which would appear sometimes to take for granted. But, I don't. I really appreciate all the help and support that my dad has given to me with all of these things and many more.

Whether it has been driving me all the way out to Surrey in the Snow to get to class, or up to SFU in the snow to get to my class that was then canceled. The favourite shopping trips where we go out together to get one thing, but then later come home spending way more money on something that was a way better deal or much fancier. My stero system in particular. His soft spot for his girls is never missed, as we get spoiled with technology type gifts like our steros or cameras, for example. Or, the looks I was able to give my Dad, so that he would buy me the shoes that I just had to had when I was in elementary school.

He is my Dad and I love the whole package!

Happy Father's Day!

Rachel

Comments

Anonymous said…
dGee you say such heart felt things that we blush. Dad will read this as I will tell him to catch up on your blog.
strawberrygirl said…
Rach, I think we have the same dad........LOL:)
Anonymous said…
Thanks Rachel You will never know how much those comments means

Dad
Anonymous said…
Your Dad is a lucky man to have a daughter like you!