What is A Blog?

Despite having this blog now for over six months, I still have a lot of people asking me what the real definition of a blog is. What it is used for? In fact, I had a good laugh today when I even received an email that was said to be a blog , which in the very definition is not a blog! If you are not sure of what something is, than ask some questions how to do it! Us technology nuts, would love to show you. Hey, that is how I started and I think I am addicted.

I have told my friend Jenn, that I would post some information on my blog about what a blog is. So, Jenn, this Blog entry is dedicated to you girl!

I looked online and there were many defintions of what a blog is, this is what I found out.


  • Blog is short for weblog. A weblog is a journal (or newsletter) that is frequently updated and intended for general public consumption. Blogs generally represent the personality of the author or the Web site.


  • A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is "blogging" and someone who keeps a blog is a "blogger." Blogs are typically updated daily using software that allows people with little or no technical background to update and maintain the blog.


  • A blog is information that is instantly published to a Web site. Blog scripting allows someone to automatically post information to a Web site. The information first goes to a blogger Web site. Then the information is automatically inserted into a template tailored for your Web site.

  • A public web site where users post informal journals of their thoughts, comments, and philosophies, updated frequently and normally reflecting the views of the blog's creator.

So, basically the a blog is a site just like this. It is a web page, and what is so great about blooger is that they host my blog for free! It has a title. It gives a bio of the person who is hosting it. It has some links to the favorite sites that the person likes to visit. (Mine have disappeared and I need to fix.) The style of the page reflects the person, and sometimes the mood they are in on that particular day.) You can post as much as you like, and you invite freiends and family to view your blog as you so chose, and they have an opportunity to be a blogger and respond to your opinions on things! And, from what I found it almost becomes a way of connecting with new people from all over the country and all over the world!

I hope this helps!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thankyou Rachel, I learned something new today. Hope you can teach me how to do this sometime. So we can post some of our pictures of our trip. I will go to the website first and see if there are instructions there. Great website, I will have to return and read more.