My First Altered Journal



Hey I just wanted to show everyone my first altered journal. This was the idea that I had after I did my first post here on my blog Scrappin and Happy. I made this for our Girls Only Movie Night. We each take turns hosting the party. The hostess choses the movie and cooks the main meal. The rest of us brings a bottle of wine and a salad or dessert. We then rate each movie and discuss how it is related to the other movies or lives, etc. It is a lot of fun. We wanted to record these ideas down. But, I just couldn't have a simple book with hardly anything on it. Therefore, I took a compostion book and changed the looks of it with paper, stamps, stickers and embelishments. This is how it turned out. I then have found pictures of our movies and posted them on one page, and we can use the opposite side to record our movie reviews in it. It was very fun to make.

I have since made an altered for my friend Tara for a birthday present and am now thinking that I want to make one for myself.

I also posted this layout on Two Peas in A Bucket. The link below is the picture of it and the comments I received from the book from an online community of scrap addicts, (I mean scrapbookers). ;-)
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=730797

Comments

strawberrygirl said…
Rachel! I love your movie journal! It is so cute! I really think that you should make some and sell them! Everyone would buy them! I love mine so much! You are so talented!

(See, they are contagious) LOL:)
scrapeahappy said…
Tara,

I appreaciate how encouraging you are of my work. You make feel so proud of the things that I have made!

Your encouragement means a lot to me!