Fantabulous Cricut Challenge: Wedding Card

My Husband and I got our first invite to a wedding in September. I am very excited as this is our first invite since we were married. We were the last out of our friends to get married. Lots of baby showers, but not weddings. Andrei is usually off the hook for that too! Lol!

I wanted to make a very special wedding card for the bride. She was a friend of my husband's while they were in school. So, when I saw the wedding challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut...this gave me the jump start that I needed to get inspired and get crafty.

This card was made with a recollections card base. It measures 5.5 x 6.5. I used a very pretty SEI 12 x 12 paper pack that I had acquired. So, it was very exciting to dive in and use it as I bought it with the intended purpose to make wedding cards as the colors were so elegant. The best part is that the Bride's wedding invitation was purple, so this color combo matches the bride's!! Added bonus don't you think.

The cake was cut out on my Gypsy and the die cut behind the cake was also sized on my Gypsy. The cake is from the Once Upon a Princess Cartridge, and the die cut was cut out from Elegant Edges. I embossed the die cut with the coordinating Once Upon a Princess Embossing Folder. Ii blinged up the cake with sticklers and coordinating rhinestones from my collection!

I am very pleased with the results!!

Comments

xxcalamityxx said…
Your card is lovely I am sure the bride will adore it !!

Thanks for joining us at FCCB
scrapqueen141 said…
Your card is absolutely beautiful, great job! Thank you for joining us this week at FCCB!
http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/