A Two Card Day...and a Ticker for Scrapping Purchase Ban





I had some odds and ends kicking around and some stamped images that I haven't had a chance to play around with. So, in an attempt to tidy up my work space I chose to use the items that I had around and create these two cards. When I need to take my mind off things I love to colour. These Greeting farm images are great to do this! The Amy R Magincal Wishes sentiments were the perfect stamp sets for these two cards... The second one is a little simple, and in hindsight I should have embossed the pink topnote...but It still ins a pretty card for a little girl!!

I am also declaring my Scrappy Shopping Ban. In an attempt to begin the year off right...I am preventing myself for the next two months to not buy anything scrappy related. I am going to shop in my stash and create with what I have rather than running to the story to buy something new. This week I would say has been a difficult one as you need to break the habits. I would often go to the store on the weekend and look around and buy a few things here and there. However, I have resisted the urge to go today, and when I went on Wednesay to look for a paper cutter to replace the current cutter that I broke. I had things in my hand and then put them back! I looked at the Valentines Day stuff to get ideas for embellishments that I could create at home. And left the store empty handed. I am sure the first little while will be the most difficult, but it will become easier as I go along...

I know it is bad when I forget certain things I have. You might remember this card that I made with my Valentine Card Making session with Lisa before New Year's Eve. I used the tree stamp from her collection, and I totally love the stamp...



well i turns out I have one of my own that I have never used before...so enough said...I am on this Scrappy Purchase Ban for a reason!






Comments

Lisa G. said…
I'm right there with you on the shopping ban! Now I need to get that ticker!