All That Scraps Treat Holder Challenge



Well, I am pretty excited to be be spending the last day of my Winter Break in my pink scraproom. I have been having lots of fun looking at my supplies in new ways, and being inspired by challenges that are out in Blog World. I was recently introduced to a new online store called  All That Scraps. She had some amazing stamps created by a Canadian Amy R. She had a whole collection that she orderd. Of course....I had to get my own collection of these sentiment stamps. I have been waiting for them to arrive as Santa was suppose to deliver them in my stocking for Christmas. But, it looks like they got held up at Canadian Customs. So, hopefully this is the week that they arerive so that I can my hands on these sentiments and really begin playing!.

 My friend Lisa from the Canadian Scrap N Chat Board introduced me to this new online store and their  Blog. I hadn't heard much about it...but she spoke so highly of it that I thought it was time to check it out. I turns out that they have Weekly Wednesday Challenges. The current challenge that closes January is to create a Treat Holder. Well, since I am on a Valentine Theme right now...I thought I would continue with that theme. This treat box was created with my Cricut using the Tags Bags Boxes, and More cartridge. You can cut two of these darly treatboxes out using a piece of 12x12 Bazill pink cardstock. To add a little more dimension...I decided to ink the edges. I also used an Inkadinkadoo flourish stamp to add a little bit more interest. I then added some pink bling from my stash to jazz up the outside. I also did some white faux stiching around the art.

The stipulation of the challenge was to use a stamp from their store...otherwise your project would be removed. So, I chose to use the Greeting Farm Miss Anya Stamp  I chose to colour her with my Bic Markers using Valentine colours. I then cut her out and used foam squares to pop her off the treat box. I then used a tag from the Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More Cartrdige and inked with Rose Bud Momento Ink. I then used a Studio G Wooden Stamp to stamp the sentiment Happy Valentines Day. I used my glue gun to glue the tag on. I then finished the treat holder off with some sheer pink wired ribbon with silver polka dots. I purchased this ribbon in the after Christmas Clearance Section. It was 75% off. It was great because it is perfect for a Valentine's Project Like this. I plan on filling this package with pink, red, and silver Hershey kisses. But, will wait until closer to Valentines Day to pick these yummy chocolate treats up!

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Lisa G. said…
Great treat holder! You won missy! :) Congrats!