Cricut Halloween Banner and Mantel Decorations





So, I have been wanting to make a banner for a really long time, but....never took the time! So, I had some Halloween Paper that I had bought last year that I bought specifically to make a Halloween Banner. Well, I never did...but this year was the year. The paper is K&C Company. The stickers I bought this year are also K&C Company. I bought the orange spiders from the Doller store. They were rings, but I cut that part off. I used the banner cut on the Straight from the Nest cartridge. Black Hemp was used to tie the banners together.  I did use eyelets to reenforce the holes. The larger rosette green rosette  is handmade using the MS Score Board, and one of my border punches. The Black rosette is made with the larger Tim Hotlze rosette die. The letters were cut out with Plantin Schoolbook. cartridge. Then put through my xyron glitter maker face down. I used MS orange glitter to glitter them. I love that effect. The glitter does not come off at all!

However, once I had the banner made and tried to hang it on our everyday decore family room mantel it didn't look like much. So, I went to Micheals on Thursday and bought black leaves with glitter  (50% off). Then I bought the two orange pillar candles 60% off. Then I bought that decorated orange and black ribbon for 1.00. Cheap!! I had the black crow and the orange jackolatern already. But, I bought the Beware at the Dollar store. I wanted an elegant Halloween back drop. I think I achieved it...the green candles I had from an after Christmas Bargain. But, I thought they worked well with the colour scheme. This will be up for a couple of weeks

Comments

Amy said…
What a fun banner and decorated mantle! Great job & thanks for sharing this week at FCCB! :)Amy
BugBites said…
Wow- Look at that banner and all those cuts and spooky characters. Your whole fireplace mantle looks ready for Halloween. Very nice!
TFS with us at FCCB this week.