My Creative Time Throwback Challenge with Doodlecharms


Emma from My Creative Time has a fabulous weekly challenge! I haven't participated in any challenges for quite some time! I have been working on my wedding album, and not making very many cards. But, last night I decided it was important to make some cards! I thought it would be fun to use this Anya stamp that I purchased last year! I hadn't used it yet, but knew wehn I bought it that I wanted to use it for a Happy Summer holiday card for my coworkers. As we are teachers, and I always like to give a little something to the the extra special people that I work with! So, when I read Emma's challenge I knew that this was going to work out perfectly because of the darling sand castle on the cartridge and the fun sun cut! The best part of this card is that I used items all from my stash!


Here are the details for this challenge:
***Use "DOODLECHARMS"cartridge OR if you don't own this cart.
PLEASE incorporate the color BLUE somewhere on any project of your choice!

I used my gypsy to size everything for this A2 size card.
The sun, sandcastle, and beach bag were all cut out from the Doodlecharms cartridge, and the clouds were cut out from the create a critter cartridge. I had almost forgot about incorporating the blue colour into the card. But, in the nick of time I inked the clouds with blue studio pigment ink. I did this after I had used the swiss dots embossing folder on the clouds. I think this turned out darling. Inside the card, I stamped a Studio G Sentiment. It says Hip Hip Horay Vacation! I plan on making 5 more of these cards!

Comments

Glora said…
What a cute beach scene. I love to see how people mix and match stamps with Cricut cuts. Hugs- Glora
Leanne said…
What a cute beach scene! The sun from doodlecharms is one of my favorites! Thanks for playing along with Emma's Throwback Thursday! Hugs, Leanne
Jovan said…
Very cute beach card!
girlia said…
too cute. I love the beach scene.
What a a cute card! I am soooo ready for summer!

Thanks for playing along with us at the Throwback Thursday Challenge!

Ruthie :)