Our First Dinner Party





Andrei and I hosted our first dinner party last night as husband and wife in our new house. I would have to say that it went very smoothly, and it appeared as though everyone had a really good time. We mangaged to fit everyone into our dining room using a borrowed table from Andrei's parents and chairs from my Uncle Carl. I made a little favour for the table with little chocolates in them. I just used what I had in the house to make them, which if anyone can see is quite a bit of items to chose from. I used a lot of my scraps for the embellishing of the items. I took the idea from Dawn's Stamping Studio, but then made it my own. I didn't have the tool that she speaks of in the video. But, I did use my design studio and cricut to get the scalloped circle. But, I am sure that if you had the nestabilities that would work just as well too.The measurements, directions and video are all found at her site to help you make your own party favors. I find these types of things a nice touch to the table setting, and they are a quick and fun thing to make when I want a project that has a start and a finish. They went well with our new china pattern dishes and our regular dishes that you can see in the photos. We christened our dishes, and it is amazing how great dinnerware makes the food even more appetizing! I was also able to reuse the purple candle holders that were on the head table at the wedding on the table as centre pieces. This weekend, I am going to try my luck selling the items on Craigslist.

Comments