A Wonderful Celebration!!

Well, it was quite the three day celebration of Christmas. I have really enjoyed the trhee days of celebration, as it was wonderful to be spending precious time with the family, as I have felt that I was neglecting everyone while I was working and working on my Master's. Now I just have to catch up with friends, but that is easier said then done, with the "busyness" of the season!.

Chrismtas Eve:

I spent Chrismtas Eve with Andrei and his family! It was the four of us, and we all enjoyed a Hungarian Meal. Cabbage Rolls, Lamb, Potatoes, and some delicious desserts. We ate dinner later in the evening, sang some Hungarian Christmas songs (I listened), opened presents, and went off to bed. I received a very comfy pair of slippers from Andrei's Mom and Dad and a bathrobe. From Andrei, I received a pair of softball mitts, so that we can play catch together at Reeve Park, once the spring hits, and we had talked about doing this together last summer. Andrei loved his Canucks Shirt, and the tickets that I got for the game. We are looking forward to the game in February.





Christmas Day

We were up early, and we headed to the Hungarian church for the Christmas Service. The service was all in Hungarian, but I was happy to say that I actually understood three words from the 1hr and 10 minute service. After the service we headed to my Mom and Dad's house for the Sanderson Christmas. It was quite the present fest let me tell you, I am always overwhelmed by the generosity of my family. We really do enjoy giving the gifts. Some of the highlight gifts included a Portable GPS system, a cuttlebug,celebrations cricut cartriage, and many more other little gifts. I enjoyed them all and I had a lot of fun putting the scrapbooking supplies to good use today. We enjoyed a lovely turkey dinner cooked by my Mom and my sister.





Boxing Day;
Boxing Day was the Mulschlegel Family Christmas celelbration! My Mom's side. Mom had the celebration at her house. So she cooked another turkey for the 26th. Mom was exhausted by the time today rolled around. Two turkey dinners in two days, she is dedicated! Wow! It was another fun evening. I was spoiled with more gifts. My highlight gifts of the night were the Crop-O-Dile, a towel from Hawaii, and some Herbal Therapy Hand Lotion. It was quite surprising to receive the little extra gifts. I used my crop-o-dile today lots, and it is better than I even thought it would be. My aunt went to a lot of trouble to find it, but it is great to have this tool, as I have set an eyelet since I moved into my own place because of the noise involved. BUt, this isn't a problem anymore!

We had a session of the turkey baseters! This year we decorated turkey basters and had song books to jazz up the event. It was a lot of fun! We have such great laughs as a family! Everyone participated as well too! It was a lot of fun.

I was very fortunate to spend the holidays with family, as I know not everyone has the opportunity to do this! Or choses to for that matter! But, I enjoyed every moment!





Comments