Lisa's December Sketch Support Challenge - So Sweet


Well, I have been thinking about this challenge all month. I would say it is the best challenge that I have encountered to date. Lisa from the Canadian Scrap Message Board has been hosting a Monthly Challenge with prizes and everything. When she began this challenge...I specifically set a goal for myself to use these challenges for my Honeymoon Album. I have been working on this Album since this challenge started. I have had the pictures printed for a very long time...and wanted a switch up from the Wedding colours of the Wedding Album that I am working on. The original sketch can be found here. There are lots of great sketches over there, and I highligh recommend taking her class it is very worthwile!

I believe it was her online class that allowed me to take this sketch and make it work for me. Although did it ever take a lot of math to get this layout to work with my existing pictures. I am not a fan of the 2.5 by 2.5 pictures. So, I wanted to adapt it to larger phots. I feel that I was very successful with this. It has all the elements of the original sketch but I made it my own. All the patterned paper comes from the DCWV Summer Stack. The Palm Trees are cut from the Life's a Beach Cartridge. The So Sweet is cut out from the Once Upon a Princess cartridge and the clouds are cut out from Create a Critter with my Gypsy. The butterflies were cut out with a Martha Stewart Butterfly punch. The scallop green was border punched with a Fiskars punch. The stickers were in my stash that I purchased at the Dollar Store last year for my Valentine Friendship Tea Party.

Comments